- Official publication of the Garden Club Federation of MA.
- Published 4 times a year ($8 for individual; $6 for 100% club subscriptions).
- Provides information on national and state meetings, grants and programs.
- Provides information to garden club boards on timely topics: liability insurance, secretary’s minutes etc.
- Provides information on indigenous plants, trees, birds and butterflies of MA.
- Expands what local garden clubs can offer to members.
- Gives details, provides entry forms for all MA Flower Shows
- Offer opportunities for intensive study and certificates (landscape design, garden study, study, environmental studies, floral design, flower show etc - $115.)
- Gives details/ information about special work shops/ lectures/demonstrations on design principles of flower arranging - $25.
- Provides opportunities for horticulture workshops with great speakers: dwarf conifers, three seasons in the garden etc.
- Provides an up-to-date calendar with details of many MA garden club events, open to the public
- Surveys “happenings” of each MA district and the types of activities their garden clubs are involved in.
- Provides ideas for club leaders for potential events, programs, and speakers.
- Provides advertisements by garden vendors: Weston Nursery, Jacobson’s etc.
- Provides garden club members with a level of information beyond the limits of their own clubs.
- Exposes the garden club member to the “possibilities” of garden club.
- Prepares garden club members to become leaders in their own club.
- Encourages local garden club members to become involved in horticulture at a district or state level.
- There is more information in the magazine than on the web site.
- Easy to read in one sitting; copies can be recycled back to club for new members.
- Not every one in the club finds it interesting
- Get too many magazines
- Only individuals who want it should pay.
- Waste of money.
- Not that interested; never read it.
- Too busy to read it.
- Some of this information is already on the GCFM web site
- Many of the workshop & courses are held in Waltham, making a difficult a.m. commute.
- Don’t know enough about our club yet to make a decision.
WOLLASTON GARDEN CLUB DUES 2014-2015
$30: Active member
$38: Active member with “Mayflower” (by June 15)
$8: Life Member (Past President) w/ “Mayflower”
Pay dues at March, April & May meetings. Deadline for payment of dues is May 31, 2015. Fill out membership renewal/application form completely and make check payable to: Wollaston Garden
Send Checks/Membership Application to:
WGC Assistant Treasurer,
31 Washington Park Road,
Braintree, MA 02184